Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Constantly evolving

The best part about being human is that we can learn and adapt quickly to changing situations or experiences.  For our family 2010 was a year of great growth.  We learned we would be having our fifth child which was a bit of a surprise given that Teagan was only 8 months old at the time.  I was shocked and overwhelmed to say the least, and of course I found out the most stressful week of my life while working on my Comprehensive Exam for school.  I struggled initially to get used to the idea of another little one, I worried about how I would handle the two babies, the three big kids, my two jobs and writing my dissertation.  I was afraid of another pregnancy so soon and felt I had just finally recovered and felt "good" after Teagan's birth.  Of course I came around and saw what was right in front of me, saw the joy in the surprise, and fell in love with our little boy.  Of course today, at a month old, I feel like our family was never really complete without him and now know that we needed Finn to finish off our little tribe and make it complete.

In addition to adding Finn this year, the kids, Ryan and I grew in our lives and relationships.  Friends came and we feel lucky to share our lives with them, and friends left when we no longer could figure out how they fit positively into our world.  The kids are growing so fast, and I am so proud of the people they are becoming-loving, caring, compassionate and giving, what more could a mama want?  Ryan and I have grown too, we have such a strong marriage now and I cannot imagine anyone else living this life with me.  We have our sights set on the same goals and together we are pushing towards them, helping each other over the hurdles. 


I love my life, it may not be for everyone, but it is all I could have asked for.

No comments: