Thursday, February 17, 2011

Along for the ride

Life is a rollercoaster.  When Ryan and I got married and had Haven, I never would have thought that 11 years later this is where we would be.  I knew we would have more children, I just didn't think we would still be having them this far into marriage...but I am so glad we did.  I love my days alone with the babies, and though sometimes they can be hard when they are extra whiny or sick, I really enjoy the opportunity to have the baby days back and to see the world through their eyes. 

This morning after the big kids left, Teagan "helped" me clean up.  She took some of the plastic plates out of the dishwasher and put them in a cabinet...the wrong cabinet, but that is OK, she was "helping" and learning about where things go. She also "helped" vacuum, she likes holding the wand while I vacuum the perimeter of the room and she helps pick up shoes, and move them around the house.  It is so much fun to see her learning and exploring, and she is such a sweet girl always kissing and hugging on everyone, I cannot imagine our family without our little Teagie.

Finn has slept the morning away which was great since I got some one on one with Teagie and got all my chores done for the day except the laundry that I will tackle while Teagan naps.  Dinner is even in the crockpot, white bean chicken chili, so that I can help Haven finish a project after school before we need to leave for dance.  The sun is shining, the weather is warm, and the babies and I will take a walk after nap if we have time before the big kids get home.

Not all days are smooth like today has been, in fact many are hard and long, but regardless it is my life, my rollarcoaster and I am hanging on and enjoying the ride.

No comments: