Sunday, July 18, 2010

This was a long, long week

I am so very happy that this week is over, that the hubby is off through Wednesday, and then only works Wednesday night and is off again until the following Wednesday.  Between his four 12 hour shifts, two kid's birthdays, general running around and pregnancy induced exhaustion and hip pain, it has been a tough week.  The girls had good birthdays in spite of some hiccups, and we are *supposed* to go to dinner tonight for both birthdays since the girls did not get to celebrate with their dad at all.  I feel like I have been hit by a truck, achy, headache, tired and no energy, and some kids are whining about headaches and aches, but I am hoping we are just run down and not sick.  If the kids perk up, I will drag my rear to dinner for them.

This morning I have a laundry list of chores, and no desire to do them. Teagan is taking her nap and I did some work work, but still need to do the dishes, put the diapers in, vacuum, mop and dust the living room.  I don't want to get up and do it, but being that I am the only grownup here, I guess I have no choice.

On a weird side note, my father in law called last night for Brittan's birthday (after a number of reminders) and he seems actually PREPARED for our visit this week.  He put a pool alarm in and bought new pool toys for the kids and claims they have beds and such for us...strange.  I am expecting that I will need to go to the store when we get there to get the necessary rice milk, organic milk and nut free items, but the fact that they not only remember we are coming but attempted to prep for the kids is a huge deal.  Now if only we can stay well!

No comments: