Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independence Day!

Wishing everyone a happy, and SAFE Independence Day!  While I do not always agree with the rulings and regulations of our government, I do appreciate that I have the right to voice my concerns or misgivings without fear of retribution.  I am also thankful for the world my children get to grow up in, while not perfect, they are allowed freedoms that other nations only dream about.

OK on to the fun :)


Ryan is home for the first time in I don't know how many years and it is going to be a beautiful night.  I am spending my morning baking treats to bring to the fireworks, currently I have red, white and blue cookies being baked and I will be making muffins as well.  I also set up the little pool in the backyard for the kids since it will be very hot the next days.

Tonight we will have a nice all American meal of burgers and corn on the cob before heading down to the Air Force Memorial (thanks for the tip Em) to watch the fireworks.  I am hoping that the skies stay clear and the firework display is fantastic and the crew is happy and doesn't fight :)

No comments: