Friday, April 22, 2011

Best welcome home ever

It was the most craptastified ride home from PA.  It was super swell most of the way, and I knew I was cutting it close to evening rush, so when I stopped to get gas on the turnpike I didn't go inside and get coffee or pee in an attempt to beat the traffic some...major mistake. 

I hit traffic in Maryland and it took over 45 minutes to go 1/2 mile!  Holy hell, then the beltway was a giant mess of wrecked cars and construction.  By the time I passed Tyson's I was going to wet my pants if I didn't stop, so I swung by PT school and ran into the McDonalds to use the facilities.  Then back on the road to sit in more traffic.  The extra 2 1/2 hours was NOT fun, and while I stopped to avoid having my bladder explode, I hadn't pumped since 11:30 am and it was horribly painful.

BUT

As I turned the corner onto our street I saw two maniacs running about.  Brittan and Grayson we running, jumping and waving their arms to welcome me home, and I was so happy to see them.  Got out of the car and Ryan had come out with Teagan who was so excited to see me and once I held her she wrapped her little arms around my neck and held on, tight.  Came inside and found Haven and Finn and said hello and gave them all big hugs and kisses.

The Westin may have pretty rooms and fancy sheets, but nothing was better than climbing into my own bed last night in my house filled with all these crazy people I love.

No comments: