Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Thoughtful patience

I haven't been feeling well the last week or so, nothing major, but I am not eating much and feeling sick. I have not stopped running our crazy world, I have gotten my kids where they need to go, cooked dinners that I wouldn't eat, sewed costumes, etc. I asked Husband to let work know last night that he might not be in tonight, I feel very weak and just need a decent nights sleep. He told work, they said OK, and I expected that he would stay with me tonight. I really needed someone with me, someone to sit next to me, keep me company and make me feel like I matter today. Husband went to work anyway. He promises he will leave early and be home to help get the kids ready, but he never actually gets out early. I am just sad that I am sitting here again, alone and sick. I understand and respect Husband's decision, and appreciate that he feels a need to achieve at work, but sometimes I need to be the focus of his world. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: