Monday, October 15, 2007

Mornings...blech

I am not a morning person. I like to lie in bed and savor those moments between sleeping and awakening. Unfortunately, these lazy mornings are few and far between with children. On weekends the kids can get up and get their own cereal allowing me a few moments of quiet. During the week, we wake to the alarm clock at 7:30 and the morning rush begins. Breakfast must be made, often lunch as well, clothes on, hair done, teeth brushed, shoes, backpacks, etc. I also try to get some other things done before we enter the world, a switch of laundry, a pass of the vacuum, etc.

Today my girls wanted to bring a hot lunch; I had some leftover meatballs and pasta that I put in their thermoses. I am so thankful that my kids love real, healthy food. Recently they begged for Spaghetti-O's and I conceded. I made them for lunch and not one of them liked it. They also won't eat a lot of other kid convenience foods, and although they love mac and cheese, they will happily eat my homemade or if we are rushed Annie's Organic.

No comments: