Friday, January 27, 2012

Gosh has it been a week?!

Ah well I guess it has.  It has been quite an eventful week so I have been busy running around.  Sunday we were supposed to have a date night, but Grayson kicked off with a fit and basically we ended up just running out to get some takeout instead of enjoying a leisurely kid-free dinner out.  It was a huge bummer, but what can you do?

Monday the kids had a delay due to ice and Finn had educational/speech therapy. He makes lots of noise now, but no real words.  We have also been working on signing but he has not really been doing that either.  He does "get" what we say a lot of the time.  His therapist had a card with a hat and when she identified "hat" he put the card on his head.  It is frustrating for him since we don't always know what he needs or wants, but we will get him to speak someday and when it happens it will be worth all the trials.  On the bright side, he saw his physical therapist Tuesday and she is recommending that we stop physical therapy.  Finn is walking really well, and while his arms and shoulders are weak, he is able to use them well.  I am thankful that even with poor muscle tone, he is progressing well physically.

I headed back to PT school this week and have a long day Tuesday and a shorter day Thursday.  I also had a meeting at the school Wednesday so it made for a long week.  Add to it that my FT gig is going through layoffs which we just found out about and the week has been busy, crazy and stressful.  I am so thankful it is the weekend and I don't have to worry about a call or email that my job has been eliminated, and hopefully next week I will be just as lucky.

No comments: