Friday, January 20, 2012

Fixin the dogs and a laundry list

OK, so 2012 has had a rough start.  We have had the two week stomach flu, that was super fun.  The heat stopped working, but thankfully we got it fixed by our home warranty company.  The faucet exploded and I coughed up the buckos and got a nice replacement.  The cable modem kicked off the other day, thank goodness there is a Comcast place down the road and we were able to just grab a new modem.  Now it is the washing machine which is revolting (ha!) against all the disgusting laundry it had to deal with during the sickies.  The agitator wasn't working right and thanks to the handy dandy Internet, I was able to diagnose the issue as bad agitator dogs.  The part, including next day shipping was a whopping 12 bucks.  Hopefully it will be as easy as they made it look on You Tube.

We have had a lot break, but it was all pretty easy to fix in the end, until today, when I broke.  A broken Mama is never good because when she goes down, the ship goes with her. It started a few days ago when Teagan started gagging in the kitchen.  I grabbed her, as I had been doing morning, noon and night for days, and ran her to the bathroom.  Sadly when I grabbed her, I wrenched the hell out of my back.  It hurt, but was manageable, and well, I don't have time to deal with pesky back pain so I took Advil. Then the next night Finn was up every hour and I tried to sleep with him for awhile and well, my back was really sore yesterday.  So of course I went out, dragged babies in and out of car seats four times, lugged groceries, vacuumed and did laundry.  Last night I struggled to sleep from midnight until 3 am when I finally gave up.  The pain was excruciating and rivaled a pitocin labor with no epidural.  By morning I was really suffering and spent the day coated in Icy Hot (sexy I know) with a heating pad plastered to my back.  I did what I needed to for the little ones, but that was it, and by 4 I realized I needed help that only a prescription could provide.  My hubby loaded the fab five into the van since there was no way I could drive, ran me to the doctor where they handed me many, many meds to make me feel better.  Just since taking the muscle relaxer I feel so much better and can finally get a deep breath.  I also took half a pain pill since they knock me on my ass and I am feeling pretty good and super tired.  I am happy to finally be mostly pain free, but I am not sure I could spell all the kid's names at this point :)

No comments: