Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I know you are all wondering

what I have been up to, what's for dinner, what the kids are doing...or maybe not. I rarely think about who is reading here and I just write what I want, although I do stay well aware that someone is reading here and I am cautious about what I share about our lives, the kids, my husband, etc. as a blog is a mere glimpse into our lives, not a moving picture of every blessed and damned moment.

So anyway, where have I been, well...I have been out to dinner with my husband to celebrate our anniversary. I have been to swim lessons with kids, and the grocery store without.  I have been to a job interview and scored yet another paying side gig...I do believe I may have more gigs than kids.  I have been tired, bone numbingly tired and overwhelmed to the point of drowning in my own internal "to-do" list.  I have also been angry lately, really really angry and while I understand why, and for the most part my husband understands why, it sucks to wake angry and go to bed angry.  I am trying to get over it, get past it and start anew, but it is a tough task when I wake each morning with too much to do, too little time and even less sleep.  Anger sucks the life out of you, and I haven't had much life to give.

I will add one small bit because I know when I read blog posts like this I alway speculate on why the person feels the way they do.  I will come straight out and say my anger has nothing to do with my husband or our relationship and has everything to do with things beyond our control, schedules, non-sleeping babies, crazy work stuff, school, and kids.

1 comment:

Casey said...

I read you. Every post. I also stole a line that you wrote and created a little post of my own over on my blog. I loved it! The line? "... as a blog is a mere glimpse into our lives, not a moving picture of every blessed and damned moment."

Amen to that!