Thursday, September 3, 2009

Badness, sadness and stress

I wish I could put into words my stress, but I can't. I could go on and on about WHAT worries me, but I would guess it is what worries most families, so why go into it all. In addition, I had a hard call with a good friend who I know is struggling and sad and needs to move past some hardships she is going through. I do my best from afar to lend an ear, give advice when asked, and encourage her to live for herself and not allow anyone to skew how she feels about herself. I wish I could afford to fly to where she is, wrap my arms around her, and remind her just how fantastic she is, but time and money just won't allow for it. My heart broke a little today when I heard just how sad she was, and that she doubted for a moment that she is by far one of the best people I have ever had the joy of knowing and calling friend.

I am trying to see the bright side of all these hard things, but it is hard for me. I joked with Ryan the other day saying he was a "glass is half full" person and I am a the "glass is half empty so it will probably fall over and break and make a mess and then what will we do because a new glass is not in the budget this week" person. Guess the positive here is that I know myself pretty well...and the husband got a good laugh at me making fun of myself, which is a rarity.

No comments: