Wednesday, September 2, 2009

And we are off.....

It is 3:30 and in two hours I will get in my car and a new school year begins. I have enjoyed my quiet day at home. There is a tasty pot of chili on the stove for Ryan and the big kids, and a loaf of homemade bread is baking in the oven. I have a nice little store of milk, so the baby has a bottle waiting for her tonight while I am out, and just before I leave I will nurse her one more time. My syllabus is ready, my stuff is organized, and I am ready to begin.

Tomorrow I will run errands in the morning with the kiddos. I need to grab Haven's meds for school, we need to replace her Epi-Pens, Benadryl and inhaler each year. I will also pack up the kids supplies to take with us tomorrow evening when we go to meet their teachers, it makes it so much nicer the first day of school to not have to overload the kids with supplies. In addition to their normal stuff, my kids will be taking a small hand sanitizer in their lunch box and will have another one for their desks in an attempt to keep the flu at bay. Usually I prefer the good old fashioned soap and water technique, but at school there is only so much I can control, so this is the next best option.

Now off to switch laundry and begin getting dressed.....

No comments: