Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Mundane

Life has been full lately.  Work calls.  Science Fairs.  Basketball practices.  All those little things that add up when you have a brood of kids, plus all the cleaning and cooking that takes place daily.  I have been appreciating the mundane, it distracts my mind and does not allow me to have extra time to Google and research the medical journals.

Still no news from genetics.  The poor receptionist was so sad when she had to tell me this week there were no results yet, I think she could hear my angst on the phone and did not want to be the bearer of bad news. I get it, it is a process, but I am still having a hard time waiting.  The funny thing is, even when we get the results, it doesn't mean we will have any more information.  I mean, we know he has this disorder, the tests may or may not tell us which form, and even if it does, there is so little information we still won't know his prognosis.  Yeah, so I am waiting and stressing for no real reason since I won't learn anything new.

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving.  The small reprieve from work Thursday followed by what I am hoping will be a quiet day Friday laying around watching movies with the kids.  Fingers crossed I can avoid a cleaning frenzy :)

No comments: