Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I'll post the "thankful" post tomorrow

Today I am thinking...WHAT WAS I THINKING?!

It has been a crazy few days.  Ryan ended up working Monday night which totally threw off both our schedules since I teach that night too.  The Haven's EEG was cancelled for today which really was a blessing in disguise since we have been crazy busy.

Yesterday I worked and poor Ryan tried to catch a few ZZZs.  I took Gray to Cub Scouts only to find no one was there, so ran him home and grabbed Haven to hit the grocery store.  Got that stuff home and put away, kids shuffled to bed and then I sat up until 2 am working on the changes to Chapter 3 of the dissertation.  I would have made more progress if my Excel had not been going wonky, but progress was made.

The hubby let me sleep in until 9:30..woohoo.  Got up and managed another hour on the dissertation, then lunch for kids and we headed to the farm and the hubby headed to bed since he works tonight.  Farm run was rough since it was crazy windy and we drive a van the size of the Titanic so staying on the road where I wanted to be was an adventure.  Came home and whipped up a yellow cake so we can celebrate Finn's upcoming FIRST! birthday tomorrow with the family.  I, of course, decided to make a turtle shaped cake, so I have to figure out when I will assemble it tonight.  Dinner was put in the crockpot before we left, but the dial was turned from High to Low by some small person who will not admit they did it. so I am not sure what we will do for dinner!  I have sweet potatoes boiling for tomorrow and still need to make the dough for the cinnamon rolls we are bringing.  Oh did I mention I have about 2 hours more work on my dissertation!  All in all it will get done and tomorrow I will be truly thankful!

No comments: