OK, it has been almost a full week since I blogged and that usually means I am stressed, and I am. I have too much going on as usual, and when things begin to feel out of control, every little thing makes me crazy. It is time to get a grip, so here is what I am trying.
1. I am getting work done. It sucks to work all day and all night, but I want these work projects done.
2. I am making time with the kids. My work schedule is nuts, and then when I have free time I am dealing with everyone's needs (food, laundry, errands, listening to stories, etc.) We aren't having as much fun as I want, so I have scheduled time for that too. We went to my sister's last weekend, swam in their new pool and had a great time stress free. Tonight will be ice cream out. Ryan's brothers are supposed to come in two weeks so we will go out and have fun with them, and I am trying to throw a camping trip together for the week of the 15th.
3. Doctors and dentist-Getting the kids in for check ups at both the dentist and ped. in the next few weeks to check these needed tasks off my list before school starts.
4. I have my new fancy socks for the treadmill. I have the lubricant for the treadmill. I have my iPod. I am starting the Couch25K today. Do I believe I will run a 5K anytime soon, nope. But I WILL have 30 minutes to myself three times a week with my iPod stuck in my ears and my music or an audio book playing, and I need that.
5. Breath. I am trying to breath and understand that all of it doesn't eed to be done right now. The house tasks don't all need to be done while I am writing a course, writing a dissertation, teaching two extra classes, doing my FT job and all the kids are home for summer. I have a hard time seeing the small steps, but I am working on it.
So that is where I am. I know that I need down time to be productive, and I am trying to fit personal and fun time into an unforgiving schedule. Sometimes it just seems so hard to make 15 minutes for myself a day to recharge.