So we are almost at the end of the second week of school and the kids are exhausted and all weepy and melty and crabby. We also had the first illness of the school year, since we want to be over achievers we decided that Week 2 was a great time to start missing school. Poor Britt had a high fever and sore throat and missed two days, and Gray decided to catch it as well and missed one day. Thankfully they are feeling better :)
We have been working hard to get the house ready to sell and had decided that we would try to stay here in our town, in our school district. Well...the hubs met with some new manager of the group he wants to move into who basically said they would hire him there now, but the position is in Cary, NC. The guy went so far as to put through a request to have the position "moved" here so they could hire Ryan, but the understanding is that eventually we would move to NC. We were thrown for a bit until we thought about it. I am a-ok with living further south, we would be closer to my parents, for me the area is great because of all of the universities, we would get a city without it being DC, schools looked pretty good, good medical care for Finn and well, I would get a new house which is all I really care about. My jobs go anywhere, so it is easy for me to move. Ryan has always been the one who didn't want to go further south, but he really wants this opportunity and it will make a big difference in his career, so I guess Cary is now on the radar.
Health wise, beside the little virus that ran through, kid are doing well. Finn has his cardiology checkup in two weeks and I am anxious. I am hoping for no change with the SVAS and we need to talk to them again about his heart rate. I keep flagging it on our pulse ox at nearly 160 beats per minute while he is resting, so not a true SVT, but still a pretty elevated heart rate which is not good for an already stressed heart. I am wondering is we need to do a 24 hour monitor to see what is really going on. I also have to try to get a double appointment at Children's, he needs his annual with genetics and he needs to see gastro for his diastasis recti. We also still need to see ENT for his follow up and need to get pulmonology into rotation as well. Just managing Finn's appointments and therapy is a full time job sometimes BUT he is signing a ton, trying to speak more and is super silly, fun, smart and loving. I would go to the ends of the earth for him :)