Thursday, January 6, 2011

Full arms, full house, full lap

We had another great night last night which is making this week so much more manageable!  Last night after I fed Finn at 9:30 I just turned everything off and went to sleep.  He was up 12:30, 3:30 and then for the day at 7 and after every feeding during the night he went right back to sleep and so did I.  It was glorious, well as glorious as waking up in the middle of the night to nurse a newborn can be :)

Mornings are crazy with the big kids getting ready for school, double diaper changes, breakfast for Teagan which equals a huge mess and feeding Finn, but it is getting done and everyone is getting where they need to go.  After the big kids leave, I clean up from breakfast and try to get something else done, vacuuming, laundry, dishes, etc and then i head into baby jail and hang with the littles.  Usually I end up under a pile of babies, Finn on one side and Teagan on the other, but it is usually fun and silly and loud.  Then nap time comes and I finally get to eat lunch and prep for dinner so it is easier to make once Teagan wakes up, plus any other chores I have left get tackled.  Then Teagie is up and soon after the big kids come storming in with snack requests, papers to review and homework to be done.

The hubby has been a great help, he kept the babies yesterday morning so I could run to the store and has been trying to lend a hand at dinner even though he has to get ready for work.  Even handing out plates can be a huge help some nights, so I will take what I can get!  He also was kind enough to grab our Quail Cove order this morning which was a huge help since I didn't have to bundle the babies and take them out in the cold and then drag 25lbs of chicken, 5 lbs sweet potatoes, 5 lbs steel cut oats, 3 dozen eggs and 2 packs of bacon in along with juggling the babies...thanks honey!

Tonight we will attempt dance with all the kids.  I plan to pack snacks and drop Haven off, then waste a little time driving to McDonald's to get myself a coffee, then back to the parking lot where I will turn on a movie and let the kids watch while we wait.  It isn't perfect, but it will get us through, and then when we get home somehow I will get Finn settled while I put Teagan to bed and hustle the big kids to bed too...should be interesting!

No comments: