Saturday, May 29, 2010

Slacking

OK, I admit it, I am slacking a bit.  I haven't made bread in weeks and lets face it, dinner around here has been more sandwiches, eggs and easy meals than usual.  I usually have canned at least 24 jars of strawberries and jam by now and sadly, we have not done that either.  I did not rejoin the CSA this summer as I fear it would be too time consuming and we would miss too many weeks when we are away, so now I need to start heading to the farmers market every other week to gather good food for the family.  The garden you ask....yeah, not done either  I planted the seeds and replanted the seedlings, but unless the hubby can get the garden tilled, it is just not going to happen this year.  I am sad, but at the same time, I think we need the time off to recoup and replan.  What I want to do is get a load of manure and till it into the garden and let it sit for the summer, then maybe we will do a fall crop to see how things go.  I hate not having food right outside, it is a hard adjustment, but sometimes it just cannot happen, and this is one of those times.

Now to rectify the other issues.  Bread will be made tomorrow, one loaf of sandwich bread as we are just about out, and one batch of cinnamon raisin bread as it sounds yummy.  Maybe the kids and I will go and pick strawberries after dance today, or maybe we will go to the farmers market tomorrow to see if they have any already picked for me....time to get back in the saddle.

No comments: